Skip to content
- 60 minute games. Three 17 minute runtime periods with 1 minute intermissions. Teams change sides between periods. Last 2 minutes of the third period are stop time. No stop time if the goal differential is three or more.
- Pool games can end in a tie. If Championship and Third Place games end regulation in a tie there will be a five minute runtime 4 on 4 overtime followed by a shootout if needed. The shootout will consist of three skaters aside who take alternating penalty shots against the opposing goaltender. Home team shoots first. If still tied after three shots per team, 'sudden-death' shots will be taken to reach a decision.
- No checking. No fighting. Checking will result in a minor penalty. Checking causing injury will result in game and tournament ejection. Fighting will result in a game and tournament ejection.
- All minor penalties are two minutes. If a player reaches three penalties in a game they will be ejected.
- All major penalties will result in a game ejection. A major causing injury will result in tournament ejection.
- No slap shots. The hockey stick cannot break a horizontal plane. No faking a slap shot. Either offense results in a whistle and face off in offending player's defensive zone.
- Red line icing. Icing called by official by mistake, face off stays in the zone the puck was in at the time of the whistle.
- All faceoffs will be taken on one of the nine faceoff dots.